Honda Fun Facts
As Honda continues to impress drivers and achieve greatness within the automotive industry, we would like to look at some of the more interesting aspects of Honda that you may not be aware of. So, here are 10 Honda fun facts!
1. All 7 continents have running Honda equipment or vehicles on them, that includes Antarctica!
2. Honda was the first automaker to meet the 1970s Clean Air Act standards, where it then continued demonstrating low-emission vehicle technology that led California to adopt new emissions regulations.
3. In 2000, Honda introduced ASIMO (Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility) as the world’s most advanced humanoid robot.
4. In 2016, Honda had manufactured almost 70% of its U.S. auto sales in America– the second most of any automakers in the United States!
5. Honda has a total capital investment of $18.5 billion, with its top investment states being: Ohio, Alabama, California, Indiana and North Carolina.
[You May Also Like: Tips to Improve Your Fuel Efficiency]
6. Here in Indiana, there are 303 authorized Honda dealerships which employ over 3,300 people!
7. Honda Motor Co., Ltd. is established in 1949 and introduces its first original designed and engineered “Dream” D-type motorcycle.
8. In 1969, the Honda N600 is the first automobile sold by Honda in America.
9. Honda introduces the world’s first fuel-efficient 4-stroke outboard marine engines—which are cleaner, quieter and more economical compared to the 2-stroke competition—in 1973.
10. Honda launches the brand Acura and it is the first luxury nameplate from a Japanese automaker.
Did you know any of these facts about Honda? Let us know which fact surprised you the most in the comments below!
To learn more about Honda and its new vehicle lineup, you can stop in or contact us at Indy Honda and we’ll be happy to answer any of your questions.