Vehicle Cleaning Tips
Keeping your car clean can get difficult. Especially if you have children, carpool with your friends or eat while driving. So, we at Indy Honda have some easy tips on keeping your vehicle clean.
Tracking in dirt or leaving trash in the back seat is extremely easy to do—even more so depending on the weather or the season. Winter brings in snow, salt and sand; summer brings in bugs and cold drink spills; fall brings in every color of leaves; and spring brings in mud and pollen. And that’s not including what passengers can leave in your car, or what mess you will make as you drive! But keeping a clean vehicle is a good practice to have, it can mean less distractions when driving and less judgement from passengers.
Obviously, taking your vehicle through a car wash is always a good idea. However, that only helps getting the exterior clean (which is really good to do after the snow melts, that way the salt and sand doesn’t stay on and cause rust or damage). There’s also vacuuming your seats and floor, cleaning off the dashboard, wiping the inside of the windows and removing any trash. Many car owners like to run through that process at least once a month, keeping a routine and preventing a lot of gross build-up within your vehicle.
[Read More: Advantages & Disadvantages of Leasing]
Tips for Cleaning a Vehicle’s Interior
- Using Automotive Window cleaner is a great way to get through pet drool, sticky finger residue and other hand smudges that happen on the interior.
- There are many interior cleaning sprays and wipes that are meant to be used on a dashboard’s plastic, as well on other plastic parts inside the vehicle—use as directed and only on approved surfaces.
- Be sure to vacuum both the floor mats and under the floor mats to get all of the mess.
- Leather seats have special cleaning wipes available. Cloth seats are usually good with soap and water or regular cloth cleaning sprays—same with carpeted floors.
- Clean the door jams with car wash soap, this helps prevent rust from appearing along the door.
- Rain-X is a quality product for on windshields to help rain and snow wipe off easier.
Contact our expert staff on other ways to clean and prevent rust and damage from appearing on your vehicle. We also have some tips on dealing with rust spots that you can ask us as well.